Chicago New Market Store Manager
REPORTS TO Regional Operations Manager – Corporate
LOCATION Chicago, Illinois, Gold Coast Neighborhood
FLSA STATUS Exempt
SHIFT WORKED Monday through Sunday, Days and Nights
SALARY $40,000 annual, $10,000 annual bonus potential
Assists in establishing the Yogurtland brand in a new market. Helps hire and train the opening staff. Works with the Marketing team in developing the pre-opening marketing campaign and local store marketing efforts. Will assist in opening other stores in the market; both corporate and franchised. May provide management assistance to other stores in market; both corporate and franchised. Manages the overall operation of their home store and its financials, exercises discretion while doing so. Ensures company standards are met and ensures store Associates comply with policies and procedures. Develops and ensures compliance with Corporate Store policies and procedures. Upholds and executes the vision and mission of Yogurtland and assist others in doing the same.
- Humble – We are modest, respectful and never arrogant, despite our success. Our satisfaction comes from consistent performance and service.
- Receptive – We strive for diversity and are open to different and better ways of thinking and doing.
- Confident – We are certain we can achieve our goals; we rely on each other, our strategies and ourselves.
- Wise – We aspire to do what is just and right; for our business, Associates, guests, community, and environment.
- Dedicated – We are committed to success and work hard to achieve our goals.
- Evaluation of colleagues and franchisees involved in the opening process.
- Opening sales volume.
- Increasing and sustaining sales volume.
- Food cost.
- Labor cost.
- Net profit.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Cash Handling (bank deposits, safe deposits, etc.) is accountable for all funds.
- Scheduling of Associates effectively and efficiently.
- Controls store operational cost (food, labor, etc.).
- Maintain adequate inventory levels.
- Ensures all Associates adhere to all company standards, policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and communicates assignments throughout shift.
- Coordinates training, coaching and development of newly hired Associates.
- Ensures all Associates adhere to meal and break periods.
- Taste product to ensure quality standards are met.
- Is the “role-model” for outstanding customer service and overall Associate standards.
- Ensures cleanliness, health, security and safety standards are maintained at all times.
- Maintains building, machines and store operating equipment and schedules preventive maintenance.
- Conducts Associate meetings as needed.
- Maintains and creates reports and records based company standards and in compliance of local, state and federal regulations.
- Maintains a cooperative and interactive relationship with the Corporate office.
- Provides counseling, coaching, discipline and mentoring to Associates as warranted.
- Other job-related activities as requested.
- Ability to problem solve quickly and effectively.
- Effective customer service skills delivered with a friendly disposition.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to actively listen and address Associates’ concerns, comments and/or issues.
- Ability to lead others in always upholding company standards.
- Knowledge of staffing, scheduling and inventory processes.
- Internally motivated and able to motivate others.
- Ability to act independently and effectively.
- Knowledge of organizational and planning skills.
- Knowledge of team-building, leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS)
- Previous foodservice experience required.
- Some college or equivalent experience.
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel programs.
- ServSafe or equivalent certification.
Continuous (67-100%) Walking, standing, hand use, cash register.
Frequent (34-66%) Bending, neck flexion, twisting and lifting up to 25 lbs from shoulder to shoulder, carrying up to 25-40 lbs up to 100 feet, and lifting up to 10-25 lbs from floor to above head, pushing and pulling, fine manipulation, firm grasping, reach above to below shoulder.
Occasional (11-33%) Squatting, climbing, kneeling, lifting up to 50 lbs from floor to shoulder, gross manipulation, lifting 26-50 lbs from waist to above head, carrying up to 50 lbs up to 200 feet.
Seldom (1-10%) Sitting, climbing.
1. AS AN ABSOLUTE CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, EMPLOYEE(S) ARE REQUIRED UPON HIRE, TO SIGN CERTAIN CONFIDENTIALITY AND NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT(S).
2. STATEMENTS CONTAINED HEREIN REFLECT GENERAL DETAILS AS NECESSARY TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL FUNCTION(S) OF THE JOB, LEVEL OF KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL(S) TYPICALLY PREFERRED OR REQUIRED, AND SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY ENTAILED. STATEMENT(S) CONTAINED HEREIN SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AN ALL-INCLUSIVE LISTING OF WORK REQUIREMENT(S) OR FUNCTION(S). EMPLOYEE(S) MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES, AS ASSIGNED, INCLUDING WORK IN OTHER FUNCTIONAL AREAS TO COVER ABSENCE(S), EQUALIZE PEAK WORK PERIODS, OR OTHERWISE BALANCE WORKLOAD(S).