SQL Database Developer
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Director of Information Technology
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SHIFT WORKED: Monday through Fridays, 8am to 5pm, some nights and week-ends.
COMPENSATION: $19.00 – 21.00 per hour ($39,520 – 43,680 annually)
This SQL Database Developer will be responsible for development and organization of SQL Server databases, assessment and implementation of new technologies, and providing Information Technology with a long-term perspective on the relationship of database technology. This person will be creating the SQL foundation for a fast growing quick service retail environment that uses the MICROS RES POS System so there will be an expectation of this position to write queries to extract key data from the retail store and bring it into the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 database that you created.
- Humble – We are modest, respectful and never arrogant, despite our success. Our satisfaction comes from consistent performance and service.
- Receptive – strive for diversity and are open to different and better ways of thinking and doing.
- Confident – We are certain we can achieve our goals; we rely on each other, our strategies and ourselves.
- Wise – We aspire to do what is just and right; for our business, employees, guests, community, and environment.
- Dedicated – We are committed to success and work hard to achieve our goals.
- Quantity and accuracy of tests performed.
- Condition of lab and equipment.
- Quality of relationships with vendors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Primarily back end development.
- Extracting data for analysis and interpretation.
- Prepare reports in accordance with the analytical results.
- Perform validation procedures to ensure data quality.
- Develop new databases and contributes to the creation of programming standards.
- Participate in the development of outcomes and process measures, including technical specifications, to enable population measurement, guideline implementation, and evaluation.
- Build and maintain complex routines and reporting using automations, macros, vendor software, and all other software.
- Test and maintain data integrity across multiple databases and environments.
- Communicate results/recommendations to project sponsors and various senior level audiences.
- Must be proficient in and competent in project life cycles (concept, design, development, QA, pre-production, production, and support/maintenance of applications and processes).
- Developing and reporting with large and complex databases.
- Experience with the medium to large size databases design.
- Must be able to Setup/install new SQL server environment.
- Monitor daily database backups, and restores and other SQL jobs.
- Performance tuning of particular queries, and stored procedures.
- Write SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, and Views as needed.
- Able to quickly identify bottlenecks when the end users complain slow response time.
- Advanced data analysis, validation, and processing skills.
- Able to deal with multiple, concurrent projects with strict timelines.
- A team player with great communication and coordination in a team environment.
- Confidence to contribute at meetings with attendees of varied business cultures and with different priorities, good Presentation skills and project co-ordination skills.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS)
- BE or BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field preferred
- 2 -3 years IT operation with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- 3-5 years Microsoft SQL Server experience
- Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing and relational database environments
- Experience with data management and data processing flowcharting techniques
- Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices
- MCITP on SQL Server 2008, MCSE: Data Platform or MCSE: Business Intelligence Certification a Plus
- Continuous (67-100%) Walking, standing, hand use, keyboard, 10 key.
- Frequent (34-66%) Neck flexion.
- Occasional (11-33%) Walking, standing, fine manipulation, firm grasping.
- Seldom (1-10%) Climbing, and lifting up to 10-25 lbs. from floor to above head, lifting 26-50 lbs. from waist to above head, carrying up to 50 lbs. up to 200 feet, squatting, climbing, kneeling, lifting up to 50 lbs. from floor to shoulder, gross manipulation, bending, twisting and lifting up to 25 lbs. from shoulder to shoulder, carrying up to 25-40 lbs. up to 100 feet, pushing and pulling, reach above to below shoulder.
- AS AN ABSOLUTE CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, EMPLOYEE(S) ARE REQUIRED UPON HIRE, TO SIGN CERTAIN CONFIDENTIALITY AND NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT(S).
- STATEMENTS CONTAINED HEREIN REFLECT GENERAL DETAILS AS NECESSARY TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL FUNCTION(S) OF THE JOB, LEVEL OF KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL(S) TYPICALLY PREFERRED OR REQUIRED, AND SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY ENTAILED. STATEMENT(S) CONTAINED HEREIN SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AN ALL-INCLUSIVE LISTING OF WORK REQUIREMENT(S) OR FUNCTION(S). EMPLOYEE(S) MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES, AS ASSIGNED, INCLUDING WORK IN OTHER FUNCTIONAL AREAS TO COVER ABSENCE(S), EQUALIZE PEAK WORK PERIODS, OR OTHERWISE BALANCE WORKLOAD(S).
SPECIAL NOTE: WE ARE CURRENTLY IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING CORPORATE OFFICES FROM ANAHEIM, CA TO IRVINE, CA AND ESTIMATE THE START DATE FOR THIS POSITION OF AUGUST 6TH 2012