Valentine’s day is just days away, but don’t worry – we’ve got your back! This simple-to-make frozen yogurt cookie sandwich is sure to make your love’s heart melt.
Below is a step-by-step photo guide to make Yogurtland’s Tuxedo Cookies and Cream Frozen Yogurt Sandwich. For the full recipe, scroll to the bottom of the post.
Here’s everything you’ll need to get started:
1. First, make a quick trip to your local Yogurtland and grab some scrumptious supplies: large 3” chocolate cookies and a 16 oz. cup of Cookies and Cream frozen yogurt (or your favorite flavor.)
Now, that you’re cozy at home, let’s get started.
2. Get started by preparing two ramekins; these will help shape your cookie sandwich. Cover the inside of the ramekin with plastic wrap and place one large cookie at the bottom.
3. Using a rubber spatula scoop up some of your frozen yogurt and place it in the ramekin on top of the cookie bottom. Spread the yogurt evenly over the cookie and smooth the top.
4. Place a second cookie on top of the frozen yogurt and place your ramekin in the freezer for about an hour.
5. Using a double boiler, melt chocolate chips and separately the yogurt or white chocolate chips. Set each aside until ready to dip.
6. Here comes the fun part! Dip your frozen yogurt sandwich in the melty chocolate. But before you do, line a baking sheet with wax paper. This is where you’ll place your dipped cookie until it’s ready to eat.
7. After your frozen yogurt sandwich is covered, place in the freezer for a couple of minutes while the dip solidifies.
8. Who's ready for round two? To achieve the dapper tuxedo design, dip your frozen yogurt cookie sandwich in chocolate about ¾ of the way down. Freeze. Then flip and dip the other side. Freeze again.
9. Add the finishing touches to your liking, we recommend a chocolate chip bow tie and melted yogurt chip accent.
That is one handsome yogurt!
Get ready to melt some hearts and share this frozen yogurt sandwich with your sweetie.
Need the perfect card to go with the perfect sweet? Check out our selection of Valentine’s Day Cards.
Tuxedo Cookies and Cream Frozen Yogurt Sandwich
Make: 2 sandwiches
One full Yogurtland regular 16 fl oz cup – Po’s Cookies & Cream Frozen Yogurt
4 pieces 3” Oreo cookie – find these in Yogurtland topping bar
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 cup yogurt chips
¼ cup coconut oil
3 pieces chocolate chips
6 pieces yogurt chips
- Place Yogurtland Po’s Cookies & Cream Frozen Yogurt in freezer for about 15 minutes to firm it.
- To assemble a frozen yogurt sandwich, prepare two 7-oz ramekin (about 3” inner diameter).
- Cover the interior of the ramekin with a layer of shrink wrap. Place a piece of cookie at the bottom of the ramekin.
- Scoop some of Po’s Cookies & Cream Frozen Yogurt with a spoon or a spatula and place on top of the cookie. Evenly press edges to remove air gaps. Smooth the top surface of the frozen yogurt.
- Place a second piece of cookie on top of frozen yogurt. Freeze for about one hour.
- Melt chocolate chips and yogurt chips on the stove top using a double boiler:
- Heat water in a sauce pan over low to medium heat.
- Place semi-sweet chocolate chips and yogurt chips in two separate stainless steel mixing bowls.
- Once the water begins to simmer, reduce the heat to low. Place the stainless steel mixing bowl, containing the chocolate chips, on top of the pot. Let the bottom of the mixing bowl touch the hot water.
- With a spatula, stir the chocolate chips while occasionally scraping the bottom of the bowl. Once the chocolate chips start melting, slowly add the suggested amount of coconut oil into the mixture. Keep stirring until the mixture is smooth and all the chips have melted.
- Repeat the same step to melt the yogurt chips.
- Set aside the melted dips to cool down at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- After an hour, take the assembled frozen yogurt sandwich out of the freezer. Pull the shrink wrap from the ramekin. Carefully remove the frozen yogurt sandwich from the shrink wrap.
- Prepare a baking pan with a layer of wax/ parchment paper.
- Dip the frozen yogurt sandwich into the prepared melted yogurt chips and place it on the wax paper. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Once the dip has fully solidified on the sandwich, dip the sandwich in chocolate dip ¾-way down. Freeze for another 10 minutes. Repeat again to dip the other side and freeze for another 10 minutes.
- To design the tuxedo, fill out the remaining melted yogurt chips into a Ziploc bag; scrape the dip into one corner of the bag, and tie the top. Cut a very small hole in one corner of the bag and design the tuxedo collar on the sandwich.
- Decorate with yogurt chips as the button of the tuxedo. Use the melted yogurt chips in piping bag as glue to stick the chips.
- Cut a piece of chocolate chip into two, and shape it as the tuxedo bow tie.