Our twist on a Thanksgiving classic – impress your guests with froyo pumpkin pies that are as easy to make as they are to eat!
Below is a step-by-step photo guide to make our froyo pumpkin pie. For the full recipe, scroll to the bottom of the post. Let’s get to it!
Here’s everything you’ll need to get started:
1. Get started with the crust: add the Speculoos cookies and pecans to a food processor and grind until your mixture is a fine crumb consistency.
2. Then, pour the crumb mixture into a small bowl. Add sugar and melted butter and stir until combined.
3. Firmly press the pie crust mixture down into a small, lightly greased spring form pan.
4. Fill the pan with deliciously decadent Yogurtland Pumpkin Pie froyo.
5. Chill in freezer until firm (about one hour) and gently remove the pie from the pan. Return to freezer as necessary.
6. Top the pie with whipped cream, pecans and caramel sauce to make it extra tasty.
Recipe: Yogurtland Froyo Pumpkin Pie
Makes 2 mini pies (3” pies)
Recipe by Scott Shoemaker, Senior Director of Research & Development at Yogurtland
9 Speculoos cookies
2 tbsp raw pecan, halves (can substitute with walnuts)
1 tbsp white sugar
2 tbsp butter, melted
One Yogurtland 32 fl oz cup –filled with Yogurtland Pumpkin Pie Frozen Yogurt
A piece of pecan
3” springform pans (you can also use 3” cheesecake/cake pans)
Blender or food processor
- Place Yogurtland Pumpkin Pie Frozen Yogurt in freezer for about 15 minutes to firm.
- Pre-chill two 3” springform pans in freezer. You can also use 3” cheesecake pans.
- Pulse cookies and pecans in food processor to grind finely.
- Transfer the finely-ground crumbs into mixing bowl. Add white sugar and melted butter. Stir until combined.
- Lightly coat springform pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Firmly press crumb mixture into the bottom of pans.
- With an angled spatula, fill the pans with the Pumpkin Pie Frozen Yogurt. Evenly press edges to remove air gaps. Smooth the top surface of Pumpkin Pie Frozen Yogurt.
- Freeze for about one hour. After an hour, carefully remove the pumpkin frozen yogurt pie from pan. Return to freezer as necessary.
- To serve, add whipped cream, pecan, and drizzles of caramel sauce.
Instead of using a Speculoos-pecan mixture, you can use granola found at your nearest Yogurtland. Just add sugar and butter!