CAREER TYPE: Corporate
LOCATION: Paramount, CA, CA 90723, US
ASSISTANT PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR- PARAMOUNT, CA
Responsible for coordinating and directing the production operations of the Paramount Dairy yogurt production facility. Assumes responsibility for costs, methods, operations, quality and production efficiency. Adheres to local laws and regulations associated with managing the facility. Follows production and company objectives to direct subordinate supervisors. Coordinates activities of all operating departments to ensure facility is operating within plan, budget, philosophy and objectives and is meeting established commitments.
- Humble – We are modest, respectful, open and never arrogant, despite our successes. We grow by giving and accepting honest feedback, even when it is personally challenging.
- Teamwork – We work collaboratively by capitalizing on the strengths of every member of our team and collectively own both our successes and our shortcomings.
- Passionate – We love what we do, reach for the best, and strive to positively impact the lives of our guests, colleagues, franchisees, and vendors.
- Innovative – With an open mind and fresh ideas with are continuously evolving and creating new possibilities in our products, the way we do business, and our interactions with others.
- THTK: Totally Honest - Totally Kind - We work and live with great integrity, accountability, and compassion.
- Percentage of production met on time.
- Percentage Variance (theoretical production cost versus actual production cost).
- Labor cost versus budget.
- # Injuries/Accidents/$ Cost.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Initiates and directs the development of, and adherence to, safety practices and procedures and assumes ultimate responsibility for plant housekeeping and safety.
- Demonstrates leadership and judgment consistent with company philosophy, goals and objectives.
- Interprets and applies company policies and procedures, and ensures that established policies, rules, regulations and procedures are followed.
- Monitors actual versus planned performance of manufacturing departments; pursues and implements remedies to problems. Assumes ultimate responsibility for the quality of product and quality of the work place.
- Plans and coordinates work, trains and motivates Associates, monitors and evaluates performance of subordinate managers/supervisors; counsels, documents actions and disciplines as appropriate.
- Responsible for budgets and business planning for facility and responsible for establishing and meeting department goals and objectives.
- Collaborates with Plant manager to develop, implement and execute budget and business plan.
- Directs production activities to meet sales objectives at maximum efficiency and minimum cost.
- Works closely with and seeks counsel of staff and line management in accomplishing all plant objectives.
- Implements effective programs relative to environmental issues.
- Develops action plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and Associates.
- Reviews production costs and product quality, and modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of plant.
- Develop ideas to improve overall plant performance using sound engineering sciences. Analyze data for ongoing operations to provide direction on upgrades to improve quality and cost.
- Promotes Associate safety by:
- Actively assesses activities on a constant basis to ensure no unsafe actions or results will occur.
- Stressing safe working practices as a condition of employment to Associates.
- Assisting in audits of Associate behaviors to ensure compliance with safety rules and guidelines, as well as housekeeping audits and surveys.
- Ensuring the housekeeping in the immediate and surrounding work area is maintained or improved to the highest level possible.
- Ensures Quality products and processes are maintained by:
- Understanding and supporting both quality policies and the Quality System.
- Performing work at a level that ensures quality of this positions work meets or exceeds internal and external customer specifications.
- Identifying and correcting if possible any identified quality issues both in the department and plant as a whole.
- Participating in system or quality based training provided by the company or recommended by the company.
- Actively manages the continuous improvement process (CIP) by:
- Identifying and addressing any opportunities to reduce cost, improve product/process and/or improve overall operations.
- Leading in CIP teams to eliminate problems, streamline operations or other areas as defined by management.
- Leading in CIP training and exercises designed to expand the potential for continuous improvement.
- Ability to lead, motivate, select, train and instruct personnel.
- Ability to supervise others in compliance of GMP and HAACP standards.
- Good interpersonal, organization and communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of yogurt production process and manufacturing capabilities.
- Must demonstrate strong decision-making skills, sound judgment and the ability to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment.
- Must be a self-motivated problem solver who will drive projects and people.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS)
- Bachelor’s degree in either business or engineering preferred and 10 years industry experience with at least 5 years senior supervisory experience in a role which afforded exposure to all areas of plant operations, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience and knowledge in managing all aspects of dairy production including: pasteurization, homogenization (with the ability to troubleshoot mechanical problems), culture fermentation, packaging, understanding and managing within state and national regulations.
Walking, standing, hand use.
Neck flexion, keyboard, firm grasping.
Sitting, fine manipulation, climbing, and lifting up to 10-25 lbs from floor to above head, lifting 26-50 lbs from waist to above head, carrying up to 50 lbs up to 200 feet, squatting, climbing, kneeling, lifting up to 50 lbs from floor to shoulder, gross manipulation, bending, twisting and lifting up to 25 lbs from shoulder to shoulder, carrying up to 25-40 lbs up to 100 feet, pushing and pulling, reach above to below shoulder.
Job Type: Full-time