The Yogurtland Flavorologists are at it again taking our seasonal favorite, Caramel Almond Bar frozen yogurt, out of the cup and onto your plate. This frozen yogurt recipe is worth cozying up to, is super simple and is sure to impress your guests!
Below is a step-by-step photo guide to make Yogurtland’s Caramel Almond Bar with Shortbread Cookie Crust. For the full recipe, scroll to the bottom of the post.
Here’s everything you’ll need to get started:
1. Let’s start with the shortbread cookie crust: add your cookies to a food processor and pulse to achieve a finely ground consistency.
2. Next, pour the cookies crumbs into a small bowl. Add sugar and melted butter. Stir it up until combined.
3. Firmly press the pie crust mixture down into a small, lightly greased spring form pan.
4. Now here comes the real yum—the Caramel Almond Bar frozen yogurt filling! Using your spatula, fill the pan with the tastes of gooey caramel, toasty almonds, and rich chocolate with our Caramel Almond Bar yogurt.
5. Time to chill. Place your filled spring form pan in the freezer to chill. We recommend at least an hour to help create a picture perfect presentation.
6. Wait patiently… if you can!
7. Carefully, remove the Caramel Almond Bar from the pan and place on a plate.
8. Time to top this treat off with the finishing touches. Drizzle with chocolate shell sauce and salted caramel sauce. Sprinkle with sliced almond.
9. Now for the best part! Enjoy with your guests, family, and closest friends.
Recipe: Caramel Almond Bar with Shortbread Cookie Crust
Makes 2 individual bars
Recipe by Scott Shoemaker, Senior Director of Research & Development atYogurtland
3 wt oz shortbread cookies
1 tbsp granulated sugar
2 tbsp butter, melted
One full Yogurtland big 32 fl oz cup – Caramel Almond Bar Frozen Yogurt
Salted caramel syrup
Chocolate shell sauce
- Place Yogurtland Caramel Almond Bar frozen yogurt in freezer for about 15 minutes to firm it.
- Pre-chill two 3” cheesecake pans in freezer. You can also use 3” springform pans.
- Pulse shortbread cookies in food processor to grind.
- Transfer the ground crumbs into mixing bowl. Add granulated sugar and melted butter. Stir until combined.
- Lightly coat cheesecake pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Firmly press crumb mixture into the bottom of pans.
- With an angled spatula, fill the pans with the Caramel Almond Bar frozen yogurt. Evenly press edges to remove air gaps. Smooth the top surface of Caramel Almond Bar frozen yogurt.
- Freeze for about one hour. After an hour, carefully remove the caramel almond bar from the pan. Return to freezer as necessary.
- To serve, drizzle salted caramel sauce and chocolate shell sauce. Top with sliced almond and chocolate shavings.
For more creative version, use almond pieces or shredded coconut in the shortbread cookie crust mixture:
2.5 wt oz shortbread cookies
2 tbsp raw almond OR shredded coconut
1 tbsp white sugar
2 tbsp butter, melted